Frequently Asked Questions

CRP Frequently Asked Questions

1. What guidelines are being followed in regards to Covid19?

For all appointments at the CRP office, the individual must wear a mask & allow staff to do a temperature check and a brief health screening.  If individuals do not have a mask, one will be provided for him/her.  If an individual has a temperature above 100 degrees and/or he/she answers that can indicate that he/she has been exposed to Covid19, the staff will refer the individual to the local emergency room or other local medical provider. 

2. Is the CRP part of Piedmont Community Services?

Yes, CRP is a program within Piedmont Community Services. It is part of the clinical unit with the agency.

3. What is the cost of participating in CRP?

There is no direct cost to the participant. CRP is financially supported by state funding, grants, and Medicaid reimbursement.

4. Does CRP help with housing?

If someone is referred to CRP, and they are homeless or in an unhealthy living situation, the case manager can assist the individual by referring them to housing programs.
Also, CRP manages 2 recovery residential programs. Individuals must have a period of sobriety, willing to engage in recovery related activities, and have the ability to pay the program fees in order to participate in the vocational training program.

5. What is OTP?

OTP is the Occupational Training Program through which CRP staff will provide vocational training to individuals enrolled in CRP. The primary focus is on establishing or improving the job skills that employers have indicated as important for local job applicants.

6. Can felons obtain a job?

Yes— there are local employers who will provide individuals with a criminal history the opportunity for employment. At times, CRP will collaborate with the WIOA (Work Incentive Opportunity Act) program so that the employer can receive incentives for providing the individual with the opportunity to re-enter the workforce. The incentives are a win-win for both the individual and the employer.

7. Can I participate in OTP if I’m receiving disability?

Yes. In February 2021, CRP became a vendor with the Department of Aging and Rehabilitation. The CRP also collaborates with DARS staff on employment related services.

8. Does CRP help with transportation?

Yes. The transportation specialist is the primary staff responsible for providing transportation to employment and recovery related activities. However, all CRP staff are prepared to assist with transportation as it is needed by the participant(s). Also, CRP collaborates with a local provider that can provide transportation during non-traditional times.

9. Is the Radar bus for senior citizens who need transportation?

The Radar bus is for anyone 18 years and older who can safely ride the bus to a destination, as outlined on the bus schedule.

10. How long can I stay in CRP?

That is decided by the individual receiving the service and the case manager. It is dependent upon the person-centered service plan that is developed and amended by the participant and the case manager.

11. How do I become a peer support specialist?

Interested peer support specialties must complete the 72 hour training, at least 500 hours of paid or volunteer work as a peer support specialist with supervision, have a high school diploma or GED, pass the certification examination, and have lived experience in substance use and/or mental health.

12. My question wasn’t answered here. What should I do?

Please contact us here if you have any more questions.